We are committed to data security and to protecting your personally identifiable information. This statement discloses the privacy practices for our website.
This privacy notice only applies to www.higginbotham.net and any other website of Higginbotham where a link to this notice is provided. Higginbotham operates branch offices that many have their own websites with separate privacy notices, in which case this privacy notice does not apply.
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
Information we collect – We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency
Information we may disclose to third parties – In our normal course of business in quoting and contracting for insurance coverage for you, we may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, Social Security number, assets, income and beneficiaries
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your policy coverage, premiums and payment history
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history
Third parties to whom we may disclose information – We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as life insurers, automobile insurers, mortgage bankers, securities broker-dealers and insurance agencies
We encourage you to read the legal notice posted on those websites, including their privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for your access or use of, and the data collection and use practices of, other websites.
Children’s Privacy – Higginbotham’s website is not directed to or intended for children. Higginbotham does not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13 in compliance with laws protecting the privacy of children. Visit the Federal Trade Commission's website to learn more about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Service providers and joint marketers – We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above under the caption “Information we collect,” to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Your right to opt-out of third party disclosures – If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures and direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties, you may contact us during normal business hours. Our contact information is on our website in the Contact Us section.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security – At all times, we use our best and diligent efforts to restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees or third parties who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.